Monday, November 5, 2007

Student Politics

I'm not one to get involved in politics. I have a healthy interest in politics but I've never participated beyond voting. Until now.

I have spent a week campaigning not just for myself as a postgrad representative but also to oust the incumbent Guild President. It took up a rather large amount of time and consequently I missed a couple of deadlines of which I will be sorting out. [sigh]

However it was all worth it. I was voted in and I suspect to the disgust of the current representative. I don't mind nor am I intimidated as I am hoping to working with them and the new Student Guild that has been voted in. And hopefully get some things achieved.

It really will be interesting when I meet them in a couple days. Apparently the PSA has mugs and t-shirts, both of which I have only just heard about. Interesting times ahead I'm sure.

No comments: