Monday, September 24, 2007

My First Deadline

I thought that I would mark the first deadline of many to come by giving it a post all of its own. I am bound to lose count of the ones to come. Let's just hope I don't miss any of them.

I have until the 31st of October to put in my application for a scholarship. The word scholarship sends a chill through me as I don't have the best of grades. Though I should be able to get this one as I do have recent and relevant research experience. In addition to this I also have authorship on a paper due to all the experimental work that I've done on a research project. So what has come as a pleasant surprise is now part of my application for a PhD.

The application is asking for my CV, academic transcript, referees, relevant experience, project details, (I still don't know what that is exactly), and much more. It's no wonder I left it in a daze and focussed my attention elsewhere. I will start working on it tomorrow and see how far I get with it. I'm not going to stress over it too much at the moment as more than one person did point out to me that it is over a whole month away.

In between now and then I have a holiday to enjoy.

No comments: