Sunday, October 14, 2007

The First Hoops

I'll start off by admitting that I haven't gotten around to filling in all the paperwork for the PhD application. It's not the best course of action granted especially when they're asking for a CV, referees and such. Also signatures too.

In addition to this it has finally become glaringly obvious that I do not have an Honours degree. I did point this out and I did mention it but everything would be ok. Well it isn't as simple as everyone made it out to be and I was waiting for complications. And they've come.

I'm not sure what they are and will find out this week. I can allude to a research paper coming out with my name on it as an author which should get me through the door. I can also mention that I've been working in research for a year now so I have relevant experience in that.

In addition to this I am constantly told that I would thrive in a PhD and do one well. I'm not altogether sure what this is supposed to mean and it's starting to scare me a little. The last time people told me that I would do well and thrive in something was before I entered university. Despite graduating and getting a real job with a career path, I'm now back at uni.

I'm jumping through the hoops regardless to get accepted. It will give me some sense of certainty for the next three years but I think that's really all I'm going to get.

No comments: