Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oh Look, a Side Project

I am supposed to be filling in my application form but I'm having a little trouble putting into words as to why I want to do a PhD amongst other things. I've even gone into researching, browsing the internet for inspiration. It's only added to the amount of procrastinating that I have been doing of late over applying.

Though I did manage to find something interesting along the way. Barrick Gold Corporation is looking to increase their silver recovery in gold mining and has offered to fund someone's research into it should their proposal be acceptable. In addition to this there's a US$10 million performance bonus. I know very little of this area but I can't help but notice this all the same.

More information at Unlock the Value.

It could even be a side project, though I'm yet to figure out how I would manage something like this or whether I would even have the time to think about another process on top of the one that I will be working on.

I need to focus.

No comments: